Taking the pulse of our waterways
The Ecosystem Health Monitoring Program (EHMP) is one of the most comprehensive freshwater, estuarine and marine monitoring programs in Australia. The Program monitors whether the health of our waterways is getting better or worse, and identifies issue that require intervention.
The EHMP has been operating for over 10 years. In 2011, a range of additional monitoring programs were introduced to create a broader Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Program. The new M&E Program includes:
• Regional Condition Monitoring (continuation of the existing EHMP)
• Local Condition Monitoring
• Human Health Risks Monitoring
• Management Measures Monitoring
• Drivers and Pressure Monitoring
• Event/Load Monitoring.