The South East Queensland Healthy Waterways Strategy 2007-2012 (the Strategy) is an integrated set of 12 Action Plans which the Partners have committed to undertake between 2007 and 2012.
The Strategy contains over 500 committed actions to maintain and improve the health of the waterways of South East Queensland by:
- reducing urban and non-urban diffuse source pollution
- protecting and conserving high ecological value waterways
- decreasing point source pollution
- improving catchment health
- combating coastal algal blooms
- increasing the commitment and capacity of the general community
- improving management via better modelling and evaluation
- refining the ecosystem health and event monitoring programs.
The Strategy was developed
through extensive consultation to align with the plans
of our Partners and others relevant bodies.Monitoring and evaluation
of progress will be carried out by the South East Queensland Healthy Waterways Partnership Office