- Total area: 2,974km2
- Stream network length: 6,056km
- Local Councils: Toowoomba Regional Council, Lockyer Valley Regional Council, Somerset Regional Council, Ipswich City Council
- Dominant land uses: native bush, grazing, intensive agriculture, rural residential
- The upper catchment remains forested
- Mid and lower catchment has been largely cleared
- The catchment has the highest proportion of land used for intensive agriculture in SEQ; irrigation has regulated water flow and changed groundwater dynamics
- Numerous impoundments are present in the catchment
- Instability of stream banks and gully erosion due to degradation of the riparian vegetation
F Lockyer Catchment
- Streams generally in poor condition.
- Improvements in the Physical/Chemical, Ecosystem Processes, Aquatic Macroinvertebrates and Fish indicators.
- Decline in Nutrient Cycling.