Total area: 281km2
Stream network length: 525km
Local Councils: Brisbane City Council, Logan City Council, Redland City Council
Dominant land uses: urban, native bush, intensive agriculture, market gardens, grazing
Tingalpa Reservoir impounds Tingalpa Creek
Four WWTPs discharge into the Redlands/Waterloo Bay catchment
Rapid urbanisation of the catchment over recent years has led to the conversion of market gardens/agricultural land to residential areas and construction of canal estates
F Redlands Catchment
- Streams generally failed to meet ecosystem health guidelines.
- A slight increase in aquatic macroinvertebrates offset by a decrease in the physical/chemical indicator.
C Tingalpa Estuary
- Continued high nutrients offset by a major decrease in turbidity and phytoplankton concentration.
C Eprapah Estuary
- Continued high nutrient concentrations and turbidity.
- Dissolved oxygen concentration increased, but was offset by increased phytoplankton concentration.